Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Top Model: Elimination #8

Chiquita Banana, really?!

Carmen Miranda got away with the fruit-bowl hat because ... well, she's Carmen Miranda! Mere mortals cannot get away with the crazy flamenco sleeves plus produce on the head.

First of all, I couldn't find a photo of Natalie. Not a big deal, since, let's face it, I don't like her and don't care.

The capoeira challenge was a nice concept but executed horribly.

Photoshoot was ... oh, my ... the Carmen Miranda-inspired shoot was just ... bowl of fruit on the head?? No.

Paulina's reaction to Aminat's photo was GREAT:

Paulina: "Aminat, you are beautiful. And you are boring."
Aminat: "I'm not boring!"
Paulina: "Well, not as a person. As a model!"

I concur. Blah photo:























Natalie argued with Tyra about Jay Manuel and had some attitude. As usual. Maybe that's why the CW decide that they weren't going to post a picture of her? The photo was boring, anyway.

Celia looked tired. She didn't have a bad photoshoot, it seemed good, but Tyra picked a crappy photo:























Fo did a good job of embodying Chiquita Banana, I don't know why they criticized her so much. Wasn't that the whole point of the shoot??























Teyona's picture was meh, but the judges fawned. Yawn:























Favorite photo! Allison, thank goodness. She looked cute, she seemed comfortable, it was a miracle!























The photoshoot was better than the stuff they were doing in New York, but still not very inspired. Carmen Miranda shoot in Brazil? How so not uniquely creative.

At panel, they suddenly brought up Celia's age. Is that sort of foreshadowing? Celia's going to be given the boot because she's 25?

Aminat and Natalie were in the bottom two, and I didn't care who went home. No matter which one left, wouldn't have been a great loss. I thought Natalie looked strangely neckless at the judging, like she had her shoulders raised and tensed. Aminat was smiley and happy. That all made me feel like they had messed up the first take and had to re-shoot the elimination, because Natalie got the boot.

Hopefully, Aminat or Teyona go next week. There's not many of them left, I can deal with having less drama in the show from here on out.

3 comments:

william April 28, 2009 at 5:39 PM  

final two: allison and teyona. celia will place third and get saddled with "you're too old," which they have mentioned before. it's like the kiss of death on top model. except they don't immediately execute you for your age (because that'll seem ageist, or something). remember renee? and lisa? and dominique? they all looked too old.

if celia wins, consider me blown away.

Amanda,  April 29, 2009 at 3:58 AM  

Teyona looks like she is about to turn a trick in that house in that shot.

And Allison needs to close her mouth. She looks like a blow up sex doll. Those popping noises Tyra made at judging only furthered my belief that Allison is actually a sex doll.

Jeanny April 29, 2009 at 10:12 AM  

William: I'm so over Teyona! I hope it's Allison. I agree, though, that the top three will be Celia, Allison, and Teyona.

Amanda: I thought about it because I thought it was weird that her mouth is always open. I think her teeth are too big for her mouth.

Her blonde hair was such a bad idea- they need to make her hair darker so she looks less artificial and doll-like.