Thursday, April 16, 2009

Blurb

Not so much blurbs as rants. Cranky, irritable rants:

● "Boys Before Flowers" (꽃보다 남자) annoys the holy living jeepers out of me. ANNOYING (thanks for this article, Korea Herald!). Stop shoving Gu Hye-Sun (구혜선) down my throat, I don't think she's attractive and I don't think she can act. Her strange facial expressions and complete idiocy are among the most unwatchable parts of that drama. Ew. Ew. And don't get me started on the teenage boys that try to act like suave Casanovas. Try and FAIL.

● I don't mind Jun Jin (전진) on "Infinite Challenge" (무한도전), but he is a COMPLETE GIRL on "We Got Married" (우리 결혼했어요). He is totally cowed by his "bride," who is a snivelling brat that makes me want to reach through the screen at punch her. Then I want to poke her nose and chin, because they are SO FAKE. Perhaps take a heat gun to her and see if her plastic bits melt. Lee Si-Young (이시영), you're awful. Coincidentally, she was on "Boys Before Flowers." And she's in love with anything Gundam, which makes me want to puke. I actually feel sorry for Jun Jin, even though he is a whiny sissy that can't grow a pair and yell at the woman when she's being unreasonable (98.7% of the time). Ew.

● Also on "We Got Married," Lee Yoon-Ji (이윤지), who was slightly nauseating in "Stay By My Side" (내 곁에 있어) but adorable in "Goong" (궁), has become the poor girl stuck with the oh-so-obnoxious and fame-whoring Kang-In (강인), who is apparently a member of Super Junior (I'm old, I don't care about SuJu). He ... I just ... I mean, really ... wow. He's just ... no words to describe. Ew.

● I don't get the appeal of Son Dam-Bi (손담비). She can't sing, her dancing is just meh, and she looks like an alien. Seriously. If her eyes were any farther apart, she'd be a fish. She was a terrible "wife" on "We Got Married" to poor Marco, who's adorable in "I Love You, Don't Cry" (사랑해, 울지마). I digress. Please get Dam-Bi off my TV.

● I've come around to Girls' Generation (소녀시대) because Tae-Yeon (김태연) was on "We Got Married" with Jung Hyung-Don (정형돈) and she was hilarious. Also, at 19, she was infinitely more mature than the 31-year-old Hyung-Don. Still don't like Yoo-Na (윤아) because EW.

● I'm woefully behind on "Make Me A Supermodel." The reason I watch "America's Next Top Model" generally around the time it airs is because it's a popcorn show. I can watch it while I work. I can watch it while I make lemon mousse bombes covered in a shield of white chocolate (that was an adventure on Easter weekend). I can watch it while I talk on the phone, while I text, while I Twitter. Easy, unfettered, no unduly stressing plot-points. I like to actually pay attention to "Make Me A Supermodel." Now I'm sad I'm behind on that show.

● Seriously, what happened to "Dragonball Evolution"?? Why did Fox decide not to promote it AT ALL? I thought it was a limited release on April 10, but it was a full domestic release. And it brought it less than $6 million. Sad. That movie was supposed to help the Hallyu Wave, what with ex-G.O.D. member Joon Park (박준) in it and all. He's like a jinx- he (and Rain 비) were both in the absymal "Speed Racer," which also tanked.

● I love it when I have meetings that are originally scheduled for 6:00 p.m. that get pushed back ... pushed back ... pushed back ... and now, the new and improved time? 8:00 p.m.

● I estimate that I have at least three more hours' worth of work left. It is currently 7:48 p.m.

4 comments:

william April 17, 2009 at 4:48 AM  

can we talk about the horrocious acting that is on 'boys over flowers'? and aren't you wildly distracted by kim hyun joong's botched nose job? BOTCHED!

my boyfriend loves jun jin. but yeah, lee si young is a total brat. i want to push in her forehead.

son dam bi is hot.

i can't believe chow yun fat would be associated with anything titled 'dragonball evolution.' argh!

Jeanny April 17, 2009 at 12:04 PM  

Kim Hyun Joong playing the violin in a forest with one tear running tragically down his cheek is infinitely worse than whatever crack his plastic surgeon was smoking.

The "acting" is just ... *shudder*!

Jun Jin's cute, I can see it, but he shouldn't speak. Or run around like a prissy chick.

I seriously don't get the Son Dam-bi craze. Maybe I need to be more immersed (or brainwashed) in k-pop, but nope, don't get it.

I've heard that Chow Yun-Fat is the best part of the movie ... although I don't know how much value I would place in such a statement!

Amanda April 17, 2009 at 7:43 PM  

LEAVE MY ORANGE-HAIRED CRUSH ALONE!

Dude, the key when watching 꽃보다남자 is to quit watching the acting and enjoy the nonsensical plot.

Jeanny April 17, 2009 at 10:36 PM  

He DOES have the most orange-colored hair a person could possibly have!

But again- bad nose job and bad acting aside- he's adorable.

I'll give 꽃보다남자 another try when I'm not cranky ... perhaps in a year or two?