Monday, February 16, 2009

Happy President's Day!

Happy President's Day, Internet!

I don't really understand what the point of President's Day is, as they don't properly teach children the meaning of it in school. I know that technically, it's in celebration of George Washington's birthday, which is February 22.

I remember that when I was in elementary school (grammar school for non-Americans), we got Lincoln's Birthday and Washington's Birthday, usually two consecutive three-day weekends. Bliss. And logical! Lincoln's birthday is February 12, Washington's birthday is February 22. They should be observed separately. Okay ... so maybe I'm biased because I want an extra day off work.

It's President's Day today and I'm at work, which is making me extra cantankerous.

Well, I don't have the same love of Washington as I do for Lincoln, so no drawn-out post about the first president. Here's a photo of Washington with fantastic blush:























On a side note, it's raining in L.A. It's not even going to break 60 degrees (Fahrenheit; 15.5 degrees Celsius) today. I find it odd ... I feel like the rainy days in L.A. are coming at strange times of the year when compared to previous years. Maybe I'm just confused?

Regardless. One of the rare gray, wet days in this city. I'm enjoying it while it lasts, because before I know it, it'll be blazing hot and everyone will be disgustingly sweaty.

0 comments: