Sunday, June 14, 2009

Korean "Holiday": Kiss Day

January 14: Diary/Candle Day
February 14: Valentine's Day
March 14: White Day
April 14: Black Day
May 14: Rose/Yellow Day

Today is Kiss Day, yet another rather meaningless quasi-holiday.

Guess what the purpose of Kiss Day is?

Yep, you got it.

Watching "The Dark Knight" and working right now (mostly working).

Had a birthday shindig last night in Koreatown. It was good, with mostly people that I really appreciate and wanted to see. There was a notable exception on both sides- one person showed up that I did not want to see, one person that I wanted to see didn't show up. The usual idiocy abounded, fueled by soju (everyone's unanimous favorite was yogurt soju).

I'm getting old.

And I have no one to celebrate Kiss Day with.

Depressing all around.

4 comments:

william June 15, 2009 at 1:45 AM  

go to the gay part of town. you people call it west hollywood, i think. the gays will celebrate kiss day with you. you seem pretty hagalicious.

Jeanny June 15, 2009 at 9:50 PM  

West Hollywood IS fun! That can be one of my "why L.A. is cool" reasons.

I don't know if I should be delighted or insulted that I seem hagalicious. I'm going with delighted, since I need a cheerer-upper today.

Diana June 16, 2009 at 3:47 AM  

yogurt soju, you say? Would that be like a soju smoothie??? Oh my lord that would be AMAZING.

Jeanny June 16, 2009 at 7:57 AM  

Yogurt soju is like 요구르트 mixed with soju. IT IS DELICIOUS!

Not frozen yogurt, but the Korean drink-type yogurt.

Looks milky and weird, tastes yummy. I've never actually made it myself, but I assume it's like a vodka cranberry- mix until you like it!