Monday, June 08, 2009

Blurb

● I am utterly dumbstruck and completely horrified.

● I wish the reason for my lack of posts lately is because of hearty partying and copious amounts of fun and liquor, but that is (depressingly) not the case.

● My birthday was last Thursday (June 4). To celebrate, I worked for 14 hours, sat in a car for 2 hours, and saw my mother for 15 minutes. 27, you're not treating me well so far.

● Sadly, 14-hour-days have been in abundance lately. I'm trying to keep them to a minimum because the horrible cold is still afflicting me, though now it's just a hacking cough. One of my co-workers calls it the "Drag Me To Hell" cough. Nice.

● I know WAY TOO MANY PEOPLE who share (stole!) my birthday:
1 kid I've known all his life
2 college friends
1 ex-co-worker
The famous people that share my birthday (that I know of):
Angelina Jolie
Bar Refaeli
Cecilia Bartoli
Dennis Weaver
Evan Lysacek
Horatio Sanz
James Callis
Michelle Phillips
Noah Wyle
Rosalind Russell
Scott Wolf
Yoon Suk-Ho (윤석호)

● Went to several places to celebrate other peoples' birthdays. Will write those places up soon.

● Got an iPod Touch for my birthday (LOVE IT) and then get the news today that the newfangled iPhone is coming out in less than two weeks. Steve Jobs, couldn't you time it a little better than that??

● "Temptation of Wife" (아내의 유혹) is waaaaaay too long at 129 episodes, but it's FINALLY getting good, now that we're on #60 or so. I watch about one out of every five episodes because I'm generally not home when it's airing and I don't care enough about it to record it. My mother fills me in on what I've missed.

● "Queen of the Housewives" (내조의 여왕) is pretty dang funny. Again, I watch one out of every five or so episodes, so perhaps it's funny because it's not grating on my last nerve due to over-watching. Yoon Sang-Hyun (윤상현) is my new favorite actor. Hilarious and cute, even with the strangely fascinating and simultaneously horrifying perm.

● Re-reading "Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West," by Gregory Maguire. Much better the second time around. In all honesty, I didn't even like it the first time I read it. The musical really changed my mind about the whole story, really. Re-reading the book because I had just listened to the soundtrack and recalled the awesomeness of the musical.

● Still can't believe it. I am so saddened and disappointed in my country.

4 comments:

william June 9, 2009 at 5:51 AM  

the only famous person who shares my birthday is olympic gold medalist oksana baiul. (oh wait, just check wiki and maggie gyllenhaal comes up---whew!)

i'm watching 'queen of housewives' at the moment. it is very good so far.

ate June 9, 2009 at 6:03 AM  

happy birthday =)

Wish I am back being 27....

ate June 9, 2009 at 6:03 AM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jeanny June 9, 2009 at 1:48 PM  

Oh, man, Oksana Baiul is such a mess now! She's like an Oompa-Loompa with too much make-up. Scary.

Maggie Gyllenhaal, much better birthday-sharer!

Thanks, Ate! I wish I was back to 22, we all want to go back to a younger age, don't we??