Thursday, November 19, 2009

DNA

Today was a bad day.

I don't think I can get into the aspects of my no-good day that had to do with work because- dude- I signed an NDA. That confidentiality agreement gets me every time, dangit.

Well, if you ever see me in person, I'll spill the beans. After swearing you to secrecy and searching you for a recording device, of course.

There were, of course, also things in my personal life that made this day crap, too. There is no signed contract holding me up from writing about those things, but there is my fatigue and unwillingness to relive said things. Let me just say: people are so. unreasonably. irritating.

To end on a positive note, I was looking through my folder of photos that I had taken in the past week, and ran across the one below. It is my sister, holding a plate on which sits a pumpkin Bundt cake with cream cheese frosting. She made this cake and we ate a giant piece of it together. It was delicious and pumpkin-y and Bundt-y and cream cheese-y, and I think if I had a piece now, it might lift me (at least a smidge) from my doldrums.

Unfortunately, I don't have a piece of the cake. But I do have the photo and the memory, and that will have to do for now until my mood lifts and I stop feeling like I want to take a tire iron to someone's car. More accurately, a few someones' cars.


This post is titled "DNA" just like my previous "DNA" post because it's so like my family that my sister and I both made Bundt cakes in the span of a fortnight. Hers was, admittedly, better- but I already copped to the fact that mine came from a box and I wasn't expecting anything spectacular.

I hope tomorrow goes more smoothly than today. And I hope the people around me stop breaking my heart, because I can't really cope with that kind of crap right now.

2 comments:

william November 20, 2009 at 2:13 AM  

sorry for your terrible horrible no good very bad day. hope you feel better tomorrow!

Jeanny November 20, 2009 at 7:23 PM  

Thank you.

I feel marginally better today. What I really need is a weekend away from work!