Thursday, January 27, 2011

Lazy Scarfy

Hmm. Been slacking on the blog lately.

My works hours have steadily climbed higher lately, and my workweeks now include Saturdays. So, because of my slowly decreasing free time, I've been trying my hardest to relax whenever possible.

And since I'm crazy, I decided, on a whim, to start up a knitting project. I did a search on my blog and noticed that I have never mentioned knitting before. This is pretty crazy to me, as I have been knitting for a very long time. Granted, I haven't made anything in a while, but still.

I bought three balls of yarn (9 p.m. trip to Wal-Mart in flannel pajamas), dug out my knitting needles, did a mass online search for a pattern that I liked, and started. Unfortunately, I don't know where I found this pattern. I jotted down four lines in a notebook with my crazy knitting shorthand, picked up the needles, and cast on 72 stitches. I didn't take a gauge (it's a scarf, after all), I didn't test, I just started.

I've been slowly making my way on this scarf. Because I picked (of all things) a ribbed cable pattern, it's pretty time-consuming and also very yarn-consuming. I don't really mind either issue. I don't have a deadline, I'm just knitting to comfort myself.

Progress so far:


I desaturated the photo (taken on my phone) because it was morning when I took it, and the sun was making the colors all wonky. The yarn's called "ocean" and is a rather nice blue. I'll take a real picture of the scarf sometime.

I'm thinking that I'll make matching fingerless mitts once I'm done with the scarf- I should have enough yarn.

Nothing interesting going on, nothing interesting to mention. Just a scarf.

2 comments:

Anonymous,  February 1, 2011 at 3:35 PM  

It's very nice!!! If you ever have time to do more knitting, I would love to read about it!
-Kate

Jeanny February 19, 2011 at 12:19 PM  

Thanks, Kate!

I still haven't finished this scarf. Partly because I'm really busy at work, and partly because I decided that I wanted to knit it on bigger needles so I ripped this one apart and started over. :)