Monday, January 03, 2011

Happy New Year!

Happy 2011, internet!

It's been a long time, I know. I did all kinds of things- I drove (the long way) back home to LA with my sister in tow, I worked for four days out of the LA office, in unceasing pouring rain, I spent a lovely, quiet ten days at my parents' house, de-stressing and re-charging, and I drove back (the even longer way) to Albuquerque and have resumed work.

I realized as I left LA and my parents' house that I was leaving "home," and it felt pretty awful. I missed my parents, the cat, and the rabbits before I even made it onto the freeway. But as I neared Albuquerque, I was excited to be coming back "home," though this is a home that I will not be staying in for much longer.

It's lovely to be back in my house, where everything is as I want it and I feel no pressure to do anything. The temperature in fair Albuquerque is alarmingly cold (I turn immediately red when I step outside, it's so cold), but I have missed this strange place and am glad to be back.

2011, I have high expectations for you!

It's the year of the rabbit(s), my sister's little rascals:

(This is when they are most angelic- asleep, snuggly and warm. Most of their waking moments are spent looking for new ways to destroy things with their little teeth and their little claws.)

I have not made any resolutions this year, because resolutions never do anything for me. If I want to do something, why does it have to start at the first of the year? No reason at all, that's why.

I just want to figure out what I'm going to do after this movie is over. And that won't happen for another several months! Hopefully, though, I do resume blogging. I miss it, and I think it helps me straighten things out that are all snarled in my head.

Here's to 2011!

0 comments: