Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Drama

This year is off to an inauspicious start.

I went, as usual, to Santa Maria yesterday morning for work. I don't know what my nondisclosure states, so I'm not even going to get into it.

Anyway, it's a three-hour car ride, and I get pretty nauseous when I'm not driving. So three hours of fun, with me cooped up in a car with a strange driver and anywhere from one to three co-workers. FUN. TIMES. AHEAD.

We were planning on coming back either today or tomorrow, depending on how things went. One of my co-workers, who had driven up by herself in her own car, received a phone call last night. Her father had passed away.

So at 9:00 at night, what were we to do? We're certainly not letting her drive herself back to LA.

I took her car and drove her, plus our luggage, back to work last night. I got home a bit before 1:00 in the morning and am still tired. I'm so sad for my friend, because she is a great person and full of love for her family. I'm so sad for all of her family, because it's a tremendously hard thing, to grieve for a lost parent.

This year, it's been rough. And we're not even past Week 1.

0 comments: