Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Yearning = Doing

I was trying to put the thought of traveling out of my head. After all, I need to work, I need to figure out my career, I have family here, etc., etc.

However, it seems that my yearning for travel has nicely coincided with the fact that there are people who would like to hire someone that does what I do, and those people happen to be far away from here.

In the past two weeks, I have talked to three different companies (one company I just contacted today and they haven't gotten back to me yet) that are all based in the Bay area. Two companies would have been a coincidence, but three companies? That's like ... fate? : )

I'm not a huge believer in fate- I think things happen for a reason, but not necessarily reasons that we can fathom at this exact time. I believe that usually, we know what those reasons are in retrospect, once we've learned what we're supposed to from that experience.

Anyways, I feel like I might be moving up north. I would be really happy if that happened, but simultaneously, very sad to leave my family, my friends, my home.

I hope it all works out as it's supposed to with the least amount of hassle ... I'm excited! Change is coming!

0 comments: